Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Adventure #6: Keepin' It Real

Last Saturday, I had a callback for a play and had some auditions for some student films, so, naturally, I was pretty stressed that day, which can be exhausting, especially since I was already tired from lack of rest. In the evening, I walked to a car with two other boys and a girl in a parking garage underneath some apartments. I was the driver, so I headed to my designated location while the boy who was going to sit behind me asked, "What time is the movie?"

The boy on the other side of the car replied, "Seven-thirty."

The girl opened her door to the passenger seat and asked me a question regarding a friend. I fittingly replied and got in the car, placing the key into the ignition.

Before I could fasten my seat belt, our attentions were called out of the car, so we all exited. When the matter was settled, we headed back to loading the car. These kinds of distractions were expected, but my exhaustion had been creeping up on me. As we headed to the car, the boy behind me asked, again, "What time is the movie?"

I waited for someone to respond but grew impatient and turned to speak directly to him, answering, "Seven-thirty," maintaining composure, though in my mind, I irritatedly thought, "You just asked that, you idiot!"

The girl opened her door and asked me her same question regarding our friend. I expected this from her and just answered as I had before. I sat in my seat, but before I could insert the keys into the ignition, I heard a voice outside the car shout, "Cut!" It was then I remembered I was in a film......

I had forgotten and wasn't focused, hence my agitation at the repetition of the actually unscripted question regarding the movie. Consequently, I forgot to speak up so the boom could catch my reply, and I also directed my answer directly to the asker, who was in a different direction than the boom.

So, here's to keepin' it real and failing to keep a balance between reality and imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment