Thursday, March 7, 2013

Adventure #18: Too Immature for Kindergarten

Once upon an eon ago, school officials thought I'd be too young to start Kindergarten, because my birthday was in mid-summer. They said I was plenty intelligent, even remarkably more intelligent than my older peers, but I just didn't seem as mature as my peers, having little interest in life skills activities, while making uninterpretable drawings and writing in all caps.

WELL, SHOOT! My mom already taught me how to hold scissors; I NEVER liked coloring, not even in the church nursery, and still, to this day, can't color in the lines; and I mostly picked up letter shapes from studying a computer keyboard. I could write in lower case, but the whole testing thing made me nervous, so I reverted to what I thought they might want, because it seemed more official. According to them, I'm probably smart enough for my college degree but still wouldn't be mature enough to join Kindergarten.

My mom still considered my wishes and asked if I wanted to go to Kindergarten. I said yes but didn't tell her it was only because I wanted to ride a school bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment