Monday, December 27, 2010

Adventure #3: Arrested for BUI

I have always had a knack for blantantly stating things that others would consider inappropriate, particularly relating to bodily functions. I've tried to get better as I grow up, but still, I post things on Facebook or state things to my friends, like, "I had a bowel movement this morning." Honestly, what is there to be said to that? I wouldn't know what to say if I was in a sober mood and someone told me that (but when that has happened, I often celebrate with them). I find this to be known as Being Unnecessarily Inappropriate, or BUI.

Like diarrhea, there are typically no warning signs of BUI.  It just shoots out, often making a splattery mess, depending on your environment. Some people are more accepting of BUI, either casually overlooking it or lightly cleaning it up with a further joke. Others take the time to discipline or correct the offender in the same tone they would correct a puppy who had an accident on the carpet. Therefore, to scold in this manner serves no one, as the offender will simply continue thinking about the bodily functions of that puppy.

Much of the cause of BUI is honesty, though much of it can cross over to the realm of Too Much Information, or TMI. What most people overlook is that BUI can have its benefits. Recently, I told a friend that if she felt like she was becoming robotic in her acting audition, all she will have to do is fart. Farting is a very human behavior. It is a function of life and should therefore make her audition feel more natural and humanistic. It would be honest.

BUI seems to be a lifelong condition. However, there are different degrees in which one can be affected. Some are so far gone that possibility of normal interaction with others seems hopeless, but most are able to overcome and function more appropriately. No one is ever completely cured, though. After all, when you gotta go, you gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment