Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Adventure #16: I'm Like a Barbie--Small, Beautiful, and Easy to Undress

I liked the Toy Story films casually--not as much as every else--but I still liked them. I never chose to watch any of them but typcially didn't mind when other people chose them, because I knew they were good and enjoyed them to an extent. Eventually, they grew old, though, and I felt they were overplayed, but I couldn't figure out why I felt this way. What was it that I didn't like about Toy Story and Toy Story 2? I couldn't find anything that should rub me the wrong way, that turns me off to them while everyone else was loving them.

...I found out with Toy Story 3: There was no character I connected with or that I wanted to identify with. However, I found two characters in Toy Story 3: Barbie and Ken...



Yes, yes, I know it's weird and funny. What's more funny? I can't even tell you why they're the ones I look to, but maybe other people can see me in them. They are my favorites. They make me giggle! Perhaps, they represent parts of me I don't recognize or don't want to recognize, or they are just the characters whose character humor I understand the easiest...who knows?...



No comments:

Post a Comment